Wednesday 18 November 2009

Task 7

Next Elections:

Well, I think these next elections have been very funny... you know, there have been so much uncertainty, all because of the Marco’s candidature…because before of that, it was so bored and so incredible at the same time to see that Frei was the one to compete with Piñera. Although Marco has given to the elections a new face, I think the next president (unfortunately) will be Frei…, because I don’t believe that Piñera has all the votes to become a president. I know there are so many people who are agree with him, but I think that Frei has all the support of the government right now. Apart from that, we have to remember when Lagos and Lavin were competing, Lavin was very closer to Lagos and it seems that he was the favorite in the mass media, but then of course Lagos won, so I think it is a similar situation, even with the last elections of Bachelet. Besides, I think people nowadays doesn’t vote very well, because they just vote for the person who they think are the less worse, and because I think people aren’t very identify with a real political party. People just vote for the person, the public person, but they just forget who Piñera really is, or Frei, or anyone…and all the influence that they have had in the history of our country, wich is very important for me.

About the programs I think there aren´t many real changes, even in the program of Marco. Maybe some moral stuffs can change, but in politic or economic things they are much more similar than different. I think the most important thing of Marco is the generation change, and that is also important because it is time to pull out from the politic those old men who have been in the government since a long time ago. So, I think just Arrate have some different viewpoints about the politic programs, and he is very secure on what he say. I know people have a vision of communism that is very bad, but I really like some ideas of him, like giving more power to the state, take advantage of the mineral resources like the copper, improve on education, defend the hardworking class interests, finish with some abuses like the AFP, etc… but unfortunately I think Arrate isn’t the one to make those changes… he is so old! And when he was part of the ministry he didn´t do much.

So finaly, I don´t vote… because I am a little lazy and because there isn´t a candidate who really convince me, so I would probably vote null If I had to do it. But I really think that it is necessary to improve the politic and to create a new party if it is necessary.

No comments:

Post a Comment